this write up is so important, it has to be shared. thanks
Where are people not permitted to say what they need, how they feel, or what they think?
– those who are literally slaves or who are in concentration camps.
– those in extremely oppressive countries with totalitarian regimes.
– those who are in abusive or dysfunctional relationships/families.
Here are some hallmarks of abusive/dysfunctional personal relationships:
- It is not okay to talk about your negative feelings. Only positive emotions are allowed.
- I am responsible for your decisions, obedience to God, sins, and emotions.
- You are responsible for my decisions, obedience to God, sins, and emotions.
- It is your job to make me happy. If I am not happy, it’s your fault.
- Conflict is unacceptable.
- Disagreement is not allowed.
- You may not ask me questions or confront sin in my life. I can confront you whenever I want to, of course.
- You are not safe here emotionally.
- Your voice is not important…
View original post 824 more words